Thread: Scared and sad
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 06:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Adventure

I’ve been afraid to read your replies for fear of the tears, and I was right, they came. It’s not taking much today mind you, anyone being nice to me is enough to tip me over the edge!

I can’t thank you all enough for taking the time to reply and for your incredibly kind, thoughtful and helpful words. I did a lot of grieving for my AH a few years ago, when I would walk the country roads with tears streaming (on the plus side I was never as slim or as fit!!). However I know I still have much grieving to do about my hopes and dreams and our plans together.

At my meeting last night, the theme was Courage – so appropriate for me at the moment. A woman spoke about how her sponsor used to always tell her to say to herself “I will be alright”. I have this going around my head non-stop at the moment, and will keep doing it until I fully believe it. I need to get more “into” Al Anon and the steps, I guess find myself a sponsor (no idea how to do this), and keep learning more from those who have been around longer.

I have booked a massage and other treatments for myself for tomorrow evening. It will give me something to look forward to, and will hopefully help me relax.

Thank you again so much. Would be very much lost without SR these days – so many incredible people here to keep me going.

Adventure