View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 05:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
lala27

I certainly won't be disappointed because I have no expectations that he will change. I am as prepared as one can be to live without him. I take great relief in knowing that this will be over soon whether he is living here or not. I know I have a long road ahead of me whether he quits or not. We have both acknowledged that our relationship might not survive even if he does get better. He knows that I have fallen out of love with him. I just don't see what is so wrong with letting him stick around if he is continuing to make progress, quits drinking and attends meetings. I have stated in my first post I told him I want him out by Aug 1 if he hasn't started recovery (including meetings w/ AA or the intensive rehab center).

Just a curious question for anyone who may have answers to this ot question- is it normal to experience sharp back pains as part of withdrawals? He has been complaining of this and feels them within a few days of going w/out. I talk to people everyday about their pain and his seems a little abnormal to me. I have said for him to talk to his Dr about it since he needs to go anyway. Just curious if this is part of alcoholism or not. I am not worried about it being anything too serious (like bone cancer) because this has been going on for many years.