View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012, 04:29 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Fred G
Faith based - sure I have faith that good orderly direction can take me down the path to true serenity and happiness.
Look at faith it this respect: confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in somethings ability. Faith based recovery would simply have you believe in something else with more power than you. That if you can believe in such a force, you can tap-into it and overcome you addiction.

Admittedly I find the spiritual program of AA with its religious elements a bit to far stretched for my tastes. AA was the first house on the block when I became seeking help for my homelessness, hopelessness, plagued with serious medical. organ failure, mentally broken, lost, disturbed and ruthless to be better no matter what it would take..

At that critical time AA did not take. Needless to say, I had to take my last survival skills elsewhere after some time in AA. At that point in time I had my 'white light' flash of inspiration, being that if I want to get well, I had to be the spearhead of my recovery.

I found what I needed by being inquisitive, diligent and dogged to make what I had at the moment work: a dire pull to remain sober. I found that grave desperation will born a inner necessity that will sneak wellness "no matter what" AA or the other.