View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 07:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
shawty80

See, growing up in a household of alcoholics, there was no safe place to let out feelings and be nurtured. There was no safe place to vent and have someone listen to me. Leaving that household, I took my lack of security with me. I had no boundaries and I did not understand what safe people look like or what healthy sharing is like.
i didn't grow up in a family of alcoholics, but i did grow up in a volatile environment in which i was never really heard. i spent much of my childhood listening to the screaming matches of my parents and, after they divorced, constantly pulling apart my mom and older sister. as much as i could, i hid myself out and put all of my efforts into school. i learned the art of stuff-stuff-stuffing all of my emotions until they exploded (usually in tears).

Thank you for listening and I hope I gave at least one person the courage to do the same. Sometimes we hold onto our negative and it is scary to put it down and step into the unknown.
thank YOU for sharing. i feel like i'm at the beginning of my journey, and this post is just what i needed to remind myself that it's perfectly okay to be scared.