Old 07-18-2012, 06:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by ReadyAndAble View Post
So—what do you guys make of that? On the one hand, I agree AVRT is incompatible with many other programs. But viewing the desire as originating from my addiction, not me, and thereby detaching from it, was incredibly helpful to me before I had heard about AVRT and the Big Plan.
Yeah, my same experience. I was apparently doing an unorganised variation of AVRT before I knew of AVRT proper.

I don't see AVRT as strickly incompatible with many other programs upon deeper introspection. I'm managing to make progress with AVRT, and I'm satisfied I've not been 'assimilated by the Borg-ness' [Star Trek] of AVRT, heh heh.

I do see as problematic how/if AVRT is expressed as a personal experience when compared with other modalities, programs, philosophies, etc. Side-by-side comparisons are unproductive and unrevealing, imo, except to bring confusion into the discussion, which can not itself be helpful.

It's all about the AV itself. We each have a subjective experience of our AV, and yet AVRT is not a subjective technique whatsoever when implemented to discover our AV.

This seperation of experience is interesting to say the least, and its this difference in experiences which defines AVRT has different when 'compared' with whatever.

The Beast is 'philosophically created', because of the results this seperation of addictive experiences /non-addictive experiences. And like we are saying, we seemed to have understood and appreciated our awareness of the existence of the Beast before we took up AVRT.

I too early on fully embraced my addicted self was not me myself, even though it was of me. This ongoing continuos experience has never failed me, and never will, because it works so well no matter the depth of my introspection.

Great question, RAA.