View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by chrisepic View Post
Its a practice of doing what addicts and alcoholics find impossible to do while they use: remain in the moment. We hold on to the past or gaze out into tomorrow completely missing today- you know, where reality is. We usually drink or drug today away, and we usually do it because of past hurts or future worries.
Well, we each have our own subjective experiences with time, no?

For myself, staying in the now was all to easy while drunk, and especially mixing with LSD, and grass, of course. Intoxicated, I cared selfishly and ego-centrically for the now moment in ways which made me very irresponsible, and yes, I did of course drink and drug my today away, but this did not necessarily require me to be preoccupied with either my past, or my possible futures, to totally trash my respective todays.

I can somewhat agree with the thinking of nursing past hurts, and future worries, while being stoned/drunk... the thing is though, once those conditions are satisfied, the now is open for the taking anyways. For me, it's always in the now whenever anyways, since even when travelling back to my selective past, or forward to a possible future, I'm still aware of my travelling the time continuum, and my awareness is always a now experience, and cannot be anything but a now experience.

One-day-at-a-time philosophy and practice of is a confining, redundant, shallow, regretful experience for me, speaking for myself. It has childish responsibilites, and creates childish expectations which are satisfied with childish results.

The past, the present, and all possible futures exist on the same common time continuum, and therefor, they are all equally responsive to any present awareness experienced in any moment on the common continuum....