View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
lala27

Thanks mmk & Marie for the responses. Time will tell if he is serious about quitting or not, and he doesn't have much time left. Getting into a program and seeking ongoing support is absolutely part of the deal. Last night I reminded him of the date I wanted him out and tried to have a conversation with him about his progress, it didn't go so well. He said he's just gonna move out. But he's said this before, then he comes back and says he doesn't really mean it. Besides, even though he said that it doesn't mean he'll leave easily.

I know it's not just pacification. He has been troubled by his problems for quite some time. He went on his own, before I ever said anything, and sought help. I just don't know if he has a strong enough drive right now to really quit. I know it's not an easy thing to do. He is at the point right now where he can lose everything, not just me. He lost his unemployment & spent all his money. Now his car insurance is due and has no way of getting enough funds for it. I would've been more inclined to help if I saw him really trying to save what little he has and quit drinking. He knows better than to ask me for it. So his next solution is to sell his car. Without a car he can't continue with school or even have a job as he can't get there. I don't know how he'll get himself out of this whole mess if he goes down that route. But it's his choice. I would help him troubleshoot if he asked.

What do I have to lose? A live in chef & part time housekeeper. Seriously, it's not an easy decision to become a single parent. My situation isn't as bad as some people's here, but it is certainly going in that direction. I hear such horror stories about nursing school, I know it's not an easy path I am taking. Honestly, if I can even get 6 months of sobriety I'll take it.