View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lala27

Stuck in limbo...

Here is my update from the last few weeks-
I told him I wanted him to be done with drinking or be out by Aug 1. He said he would quit. He has cut down in the # of days he drinks, so there is some progress. He had to do another intake at the intensive outpatient center, which was last week. Then he had another meeting today with the guy (for what I don't know), but had an anxiety attack in the middle so he left. He found out today he has to have two more meetings, one with a social worker & someone else (he doesn't know, but hopefully it's a psychiatrist) before actually starting the program. So who knows how long that will be. I just don't understand why he doesn't ask any questions or know anything about the program. Like when will he start and will they give him meds for his anxiety/depression. I don't know how he can successfully quit drinking without dealing with these issues. It would be nice to know these things, if he isn't going to get any meds then we can try to get him in with someone that will give him the extra help he needs.

He did call a friend of a friend who has been in AA for a while. Unfortunately he hasn't gone yet. No matter what happens with this program I am going to insist that he begin AA if he wants to continue living with us.

Being stuck here is getting very frustrati g to me. I was hoping he'd start the program in June, but that didn't happen. Now it just seems to be put off longer and longer. I have long ago let this relationship go and have no desire to stay, esp. if he isnt going to try. I am just so ready to move on with my life with or without him. This being stuck here is causing me frustration and anxiety. Alot of the anxiety is coming from the big adjustment and the uncertainties that will come if he moves out. I chose Aug 1 because it gives dd and myself a month to adjust before I start nursing school & she starts preschool. I feel like having him move out in the end of Aug or Sept-nov will be too much on us.

I know he wants to quit, I can tell he is very torn over the situation. He has taken the steps he has on his own. He found the program and started to take the first steps months ago on his own before any ultimatum was ever given. That is what makes me second guess the whole get him to move out plan. I do believe he wants to quit and as long as he is making steps I don't want to push him out. It is hard being stuck and not knowing what will happen and which direction to go.

Thanks all for listening