Old 07-17-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
James007

Originally Posted by Threshold View Post
James I DO hear you but...even though we go to the Dr for professional help, it is still our responsibility to get as informed as possible about our treatment, meds and treatment options.

But seriously, sexual dysfunction due to meds was WAY more depressing than what I was dealing with in the first place. I mean dang, why put me on a med that takes away one of the best things in life?!

It is there responsibility to inform us, Its actualy called "INFORMED CONSENT TO TREATMENT" there was a big post on this in anouther site/forum by someone doing the withdrawal thing. When I goto buy a used car I have to look out for myself, ask questions... an almost ME vs THEM situation, but a doctor BY LAW has to tell me everything. Lets see If I can find a link to this INFORMED CONSENT PSYCHIATRIC thing.

Here is an example,:
http://www.sfdph.org/dph/files/CBHSP...-062004rev.pdf

"This medication may have these side effects you are not going to like and you can't just stop taking it without possible withdrawal reactions that hurt"

By law I was supposed to be told this !!! Its not my job to "protect myself" from doctors. Sorry to contradict your post when you are on my side but