Thread: Sarcasm....UGH!
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Sarcasm....UGH!

My AH is the king of sarcasm. Anyone else know someone whose sarcasm is just so engrained in their personality that you'd not recognize them if they didn't use it as part of their communication tools?

Last night AH called me and I happened to be on the phone with my sister. She is 8 years younger than me and is currently separated from her husband who is not an addict but has some serious issues and is now living with girlfriend number 1 but has gf number 2 in the wings. He has lost his job and blown up his cars' engine(rendering it irreparable) in just the past 3 months! Her husband takes selfishness to a WHOLE NUTHER LEVEL, LOL! Anyway, my AH hates her husband although I find they have more in common than my AH would ever agree with. So, I called him back and told him I had been on the phone. He asked to whom. So, I told him my sister. His first response was, "So, is she pregnant yet?" "Did she let the a**shole back in yet?" UGH! He says this ALL THE TIME! He knows my sister is extremely codependent on this guy and has taken him back in the past and then got pregnant so he thinks she's fair game, I guess. Well, I didn't take it well and when he chuckled at his own comment I said, "I didn't find that funny." He sobered up real quick, but of course had to add, "Well, I did." UGH, UGH, and more UGH!

I chose to change the subject and make it a quick conversation but his sarcasm just sends me over the edge. It's all a part of how he's better than every body else so we need to pick apart their weaknesses and tearing them down is so much fun, right? Blech.