Old 07-13-2012, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Kindeyes

He's thousands of miles away from "friends" has very little family who he dislikes and are not supportive.
I ask you to consider this.........

You basically described my son in your post. My son would tell you that his family is unsupportive and he dislikes us. We've dealt with his addiction for 15 years.....we've done all kinds of things that some would deem "appropriately supportive" and others, more familiar with addiction might call it "enabling". However, we choose to no longer support him (or enable him) in active addiction. But we still love him deeply. We wish that we could have contact with him but we have allowed him to use us in the past.....just like he uses his victims as you described. We elect to no longer be used and manipulated. We will always love him. And we are here when he's ready and able to love us in a healthy manner.......we will welcome him with open arms and open hearts. There is no time limit on this.....it has no expiration date.

My love is unconditional--it never waivers--but that does not mean that I must accept inappropriate behavior unconditionally. Addiction often brings with it behaviors that are simply not acceptable.

I read this may help him and that when he hits bottom and loses everything he may decide to get serious about recovery . My question? He is homeless has next to nothing what in the hell has to happen to get his attention? And what is his impetus to change when there is another girl out there willing to be victimized?
Letting go and letting God has absolutely nothing to do with helping the addict.....it has everything to do with helping ourselves. My son is homeless, just lost his car to impound with everything he owns in it......I have no idea what will get his attention. And I also wonder how he will change when women keep doing for him what he should be doing for himself.

Time always reveals more.

gentle hugs
ke