View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FireSprite

In addition to your list I also worked on:

**} Getting better sleep - it benefits every other area of my life when I get sufficient sleep & I felt deprived & burned out for too long

**} Prioritizing all my checkups & healthcare; I started (& love) acupuncture, got new glasses, etc. All the little personal things I had been letting slide by.

**} Devoting more time to my yoga & meditation practice ~ this also ties into my personal spiritual focus.

**} Working on gratitude in all areas of my life

**} Trying new things when the opportunity arises (even small silly stuff.... one of my BFF's loves jumping in the car with her 4-yr old & heading to the beach & sometimes she heads out late on a Friday or Sat, grabs a happy meal, spends an hour letting her kid play while she just sits on the beach & listens to the waves.... I never joined her because I'm not very beachy, it seems like a lot of work & mess to go through & drive 45 min each way just to listen to the water. But I went & DD & I had an amazing time. It was a good, albeit silly, little reminder that changing up even small things in my world can make a positive difference.)

**} I made a list of things I wanted to work on, no matter how insignificant. Smile more, stop apologizing as a knee-jerk reaction, doodle more, stop judging myself & others, etc.

**} Drink more water! Sounds stupid but I had fallen out of the habit & this silly little change makes a huge impact to my overall health, which translates to benefitting my mental health as well.