Thread: Can I make it?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 06:30 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
freshstart57
Self recovered Self discovered

Jeni, you have experienced this before. The Voice of your addiction puts these ideas in your head that try to weaken your resolve, while your thinking brain trembles to hear what that Voice has to say to you.

You are Jeni. You are not the Voice, and It is not the Jeni that has been sober for these wonderful 7 weeks. The questions and self doubt, Can I Do This?, are not yours, but this Voice. You have learned some skills already to separate yourself from your Voice - you become mindful and aware of what is going on with you minute by minute.

Jeni does not drink anymore, simple as that. Everyone knows that, you see. When that Voice pipes up again, saying that It wants a drink, it is OK to give It a drink, this Jeni tells It that she does not drink now. Nope nope nope. She has all the power in this picture, now. Picture the Jeni that we have come to know - Look, there she is again, not drinking, confident that she won't drink no matter what. She is one tough cookie and can do this thing. I know it. When Jeni wakes up tomorrow, she will breathe a great sigh of satisfaction, sober still, ready to get on with living a new life.