Thread: Can I make it?
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2012, 05:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
bbthumper

Jeni,
Of course you CAN do it. We all can and many of us have. I too am in AA and recall early, white knuckling sobriety. A lot of meetings and a lot of prayer pulled me through. Early sobriety is not easy and your 7 weeks is a miracle! use the tools you have and keep in touch with those who support you even when, or should I say especially when, you feel like you dont want to. If you have the opportunity to work with a newcomer at a meeting, I am sure you will find that it is the best medicine out there. It works when all else fails. You dont need years of sobriety to help a new person. With your 7 weeks you can offer a lot of hope to someone with a few days. I would say a prayer for God to put someone in your path that you may be able to help.

Know that with step work, the white knuckling and anxiety filled days eventually cease to be. The world around us does not always change, but as our internal condition improves we are able to feel peace and serenity in the midst of everything that used to drive us mad.

I had to smash the belief that my drinking was triggered by anything externally. I believe I had a soul sickness and although outside circumstances may have aggravated that condition, they were not the real problem. Through the process of continuous working of the steps, my internal condition continues to improve and that external stuff cant compete with the grace that I have been given.

Life get's good. Real good. Just hang in and continue to work the program. The miracle can and will happen for you if you do whats suggested.

Thoughts and prayers going out for ya this morning!