View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:03 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  
Tippingpoint

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Congrats LaFemme!!! That is so awesome!

Tiipping.....interesting post. Just the other day someone near and dear said to me (without malice ) " just because you don't drink, doesn't mean you are a better or more pure person than those who do." I wasn't at all offended by this statement, which is a testimony to my sobriety itself I think ( in my former life I would have pounced). I said back to this person" well, nothing could be further from how I really feel about myself. I don't think most alcoholics feel better than or superior to anyone. Quite the opposite in
many cases." Then I made a mental note to make a conscious effort to not give off those
vibes ( if I even was ). In the last 18 months I have often enjoyed going to places I would normally drink and ordering a diet coke or a cup of coffee. It does feel like a cozy little club for one....but then sometimes it's been desperately lonely as well. I keep reminding myself that the more I practice doing it (like my piano) the better I will get at
it. So far so good!

Have the best day, Overs!
I think it's super important to realize that it isn't you that's creating the tension...it's THEIR ADDICTION. Their addiction isn't comfortable knowing that others have quit and that it all works out quite well and that the host body can carry on with life quite normally with joy and contentment. THEIR ADDICTION is terrified that the word might get around.