View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:12 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Good to see you, Newby!

Originally Posted by LotusBlossom View Post
I know I'm qualified for it, however if someone else is offered it, it's because they truly do deserve it more.
I'll come back to the quote in a sec—first off, congrats on overcoming those doubts and kicking ass in the interview!! Sounds to me like you need to reassess your salary—managing an ISO certification process is no small deal. And can you believe that their about to fork over a pile of money to get an XRD—and then along comes you? Awesome.

So back to the quote. I love that. I was just telling someone today—a friend who's brother is still deep in drink and denial—that I think it's common in addiction to play the part of the victim. I know I did. I wasted so much time and energy feeling aggrieved about people and things. I guess maybe that made it easier for me to justify my "oh, screw it, why even try" mentality. I feel like a big part of my recovery has been to focus on what I can control—it's so much more productive and healthy. Reminds me of what RZ said a while back about not having problems anymore, just situations.... My only complaint is that it took me so much longer than you to start figuring this stuff out, LB!

Originally Posted by Tippingpoint View Post
This probably sounds like crazy talk
Not to me, Darren. Being around drinkers often makes me hyper-aware of my own abstinence, and the more they drink, the more glad I am to have quit. Sometimes I'll see someone buying booze at the grocery store, someone who looks like they've been hitting it hard for a while, and I'll feel a strange mixture of sadness and gratitude.