Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
imaquitter

Originally Posted by Aussiebutterfly View Post
I had to wait a few weeks for my copy of the book imaquitter so order it as soon as you can. It's worth having around. You may even get one second hand of ebay or somewhere.

My husband quit smoking using some medication from the doctor. Maybe you could try that or patches etc as well as AVRT to help you through.
I went to Barnes and Noble today and couldn't find it there but there weren't a whole lot of books to choose from. I laughed when I saw one book that claimed that it was able to help addicts drink moderately. Also there were several AAish books and some other step books that I wasn't interested in. I ended up buying a David Carr book and I'll get the AVRT book off Amazon.

I know of the medication from the doctors. If it was in the past few years it was probably Chantix and I took that for months before and never quit. Then I went in a 2nd time and took it for a week when I was out to sea and hadn't been drinking for a month and that stuff just gives you weird dreams so I quit on my own. Then later started smoking again while drinking, of course.