View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Markus1

Unhappy

Originally Posted by hypochondriac View Post
That's usually how it works for most of us Markus. To be honest most people tend to give up on the idea of tapering altogether and go to the doctors to get something to help with detox. There is absolutely no shame in admitting that tapering will not work for you.

Please go to see your doctor. Please x
It's been over 24 hours since I've had a drink and I'm just bored and a little irratated, I guess it's because I'm used to being intoxicated almost all day.

One thing that is really bothering me though is my mother, who is a methadone addict. I went to my first AA meetings in months today, and she has been being so mean to me since I started talking about recovery and since I've stopped drinking. Today my stepfather drove me to a meeting, since he doesn't trust me to drive.

I have AA meeting sheets I told my mom and stepdad that I'd get signed to prove that I was at the meetings. But he still drove me, which I didn't really mind and didn't argue about.

But after the meeting and me arriving home I tell my mom that tomorrow when my stepdad is at work that I will be driving my car to a 4pm meeting. She said "no, I will drive you." But in the past when she has driven me she will take hours to pick me up once the meeting is done. So instead I told her that I would ride my bike, she still said no.

She is purposely making my attempt at sobriety very difficult. In a way I think she wants me to remain an alcoholic or a junkie so I can live at home and be her little errand boy. I started using in high school to make living with my mom and stepdad easier.

By the way, my stepdad is a psychiatrist and he took my pulse and asked how I felt earlier today, and I felt fine. He said if I get really sick to take some Campral, which I have in my medicine cabinet. He said Campral won't take the sickness away but it will help my brain function normal without alcohol. If I was really sick he would most likely help me.

I feel like I can't handle this and I almost want to cry. My mom is being very rude and calling my homosexual friend a ****** behind his back, to me. She's pointing out my past and talking crap. She used to give me money to buy me and her painkillers like 1 1/2 years ago. She's been supportive most of the time but she has major issues. Idk what to do sometimes.