Thread: So Lonely
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 10:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by CactusJill View Post
I have almost 60 days sober, and the main problem I am having is the crushing loneliness. All my friends drank and even my BF drinks, and so I am left here by myself when they go out.

My BF has drastically cut down how much he goes out to keep me company, and we are doing a lot of sober sorts of activities. However, he still goes out to the bar with his friends on occasion and it makes me feel alone and sad. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to go out and drink - my recovery is more important and I can think of few things less fun than going to the bar and watching people get wasted.

I love you all and all the great online people I have met. However, I desperately need to make new f2f friends that I can share sober interests with. Most of my former friends did everything with alcohol, so I have to find new ones!

Yes, I go to AA, but the groups in my city are huge and it is hard to get to know people because the same people tend to speak every meeting and there seem to be different people all the time!

Argh. Any suggestions are welcome, especially if you had a similar situation and solved it. Thanks in advance for responding!!
As Innerchild says, don't just go to meetings.... get involved. Commit to AA. Do you have a sponsor, what does she say about this issue??

That's a typical alcoholic trait... standing ALONE in a crowd.....

All the best.

Bob R