View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
GiGi13

We have all been on that merry-go-round cycle of doom and despair! Drink till you pass out..swear its the last time... wake up...get the DT's..drink to get stable.... keep drinking to stay stable.... drink too much...get to point of passing out...say to yourself..ok tomorrow will be different...until the DT's start again.... vicious cycle.

You CAN and WILL do this... if your drinking to help ward off the DT's like many of us have done... I suggest going to see your doctor to help you through it... like many of us..drinking alcohol isnt about getting drunk and having fun...its a necessity unfortunately simply because "we hurt" when we dont have the poison in us... detoxing is awful for most of us, hence why i say seek medical help which can truly ease the transition...and once you get over that hump..you will be amazed at how much better you feel, and true sleep vs. passing out...wow..what a difference in how well rested you will be... after the first 4 or 5 days for me... i would wake up and wanted to conquer the world!!! I hadnt felt like that in over 6 years of being a daily heavy vodka drinker...

stay strong, stay sober, keep the faith my friend... we are all here for you and where you are walking now...we have all walked before... hug