Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
lilyrosemary

here's a little anecdote i heard about 30 years ago...A guy leaves the town he is living in and goes to another town. upon arriving there, he stops at a gas station and asks the attendant "how are the people in this town?" the attendant asks him "how were the people in the town you came from?" to which he replies, "they were rude, selfish and arrogant" the attendant adds..."well, funny, that's exactly how they are here." the man drives away. shortly after, another man pulls into the gas station and asks the attendant, "i am new here and would like to know how the townspeople are in this place" the attendant asks him the same question, "how were the people in the town from which you came?" he replies..."they were great, they were helpful, kind and loving." the attendant tells him "well, that's exactly how you will find the people in this town." i guess there's a reason i remember this story all these years...i have had to refer to it and check myself every so often....God bless you, and i hope you find what you are looking for....on that note, have you tried checking out a church here and there...if you find the right fit, it can be very awesome.