Thread: So Lonely
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
shakeel

I found the internet to be an evening activity of itself. what I mean is that I would go out during the day, work, errands...ect. evening comes I would work out, night comes I would get connected and read Forums, News, emails, watch online documentaries, networking...ect as far as the weekend goes it all depends on where you live, some major cities have many activities gong on Downtown besides drinking, other beach towns or midwest everything revolves around drinking. I am 41 and just like someone wrote earlier, I wouldn't what to do have I tried to sober up in my 20s since I lived in Florida then and was working in the hospitality business too, there was nothing else going on except drinking. Another point is that no matter where we live, who we live with, there will always be that one thing why sobriey is so difficult. I have tried sobering up in the past moving around in the world with no avail. I lived in Duabi, ended up getting arrested for drinking, lived in Qatar(middle east) where they still folg muslims caught drinking and that did not stop me from relapsing again. I live now in Morocco and relapsed several times. I finally decided to follow AA which I was doing in the past except that I thought getting a sponsor and telling a complete stranger my problems was weird, weak, freaky, waste of time for both of us. however ended up giving it a try and now I talk to my sponsor every day. I am in Morocco and he(american) lives in Estonia, we use *****(audio/video) and it works great. So to answer the question of loneliness ( your BF goes to bars), give this sponsoring thing a try, you will find a person who can listen, give you directions and been there done that.