View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 03:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Change4good

Husband still drinking

Hi folks.

Let me preface this by saying my sobriety is not in jeapardy. In fact, it is stronger than it has ever been. But I have frustration with a drinking husband.

Last night, he came home with two six packs of really great beer. Abita is my favorite, which he bought. Cost was about 22 dollars for both, which won't get us closer to buying a house. I saw it, and thought, "Wow. That would taste so wonderful. But I don't drink anymore, so it is simply not an option to consider it."

But my husband drank five after we all went to bed. He drinks alcoholically, can stop for a few days, then resume at this pace. I don't want him to hurt himself. He is not neglectful, always kind, great with the kids. But this amount is simply too much.

It is his life, and his choice. Not mine. We both know this. I just love him so much, and don't want him to harm his body or soul.

This was more of a vent, no real advice needed. Just wanted to put it out there. He reads this board sometimes, and I would never share anything with strangers that I wouldn't share with him.

At least I am strong and steady. :-)