Thread: Pushy drinkers
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
choublak

Pushy drinkers

After reading a few things on here about how alcoholics can sometimes be pushy about other peoples drinking because they are self conscious about their drinking and try to force it upon other people, I was reminded about people who I used to hang out with who were really pushy about me having to have more than one or two beers, and wondering if in some people it's just a college phase that people outgrow while in others it's a sign of beginning alcoholism. A "friend" of RABF (they don't hang out anymore; they went to college/university together) is able to have his day/night on an occasional weekend (I'm not sure how often, but he does like to party), but when the party's over and it's time to go back to work, he stops drinking and moves on. However, this same guy is also VERY pushy at parties, at least that's been my experience in the past at parties with him, he's very insistent that everyone in attendance get at least buzzed and won't leave you alone until you do. That's apparently just how he is (and his girlfriend is pretty much the same way), but he (as far as I know) can drink like he does and not black out or have other alcoholism type problems. In short, he knows when to stop, and can. Yet that trait/tendency of forcing the drinking onto other people that some alcoholics can have, describes him to a T.