View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 02:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zoso77
Curmudgeon, Electrical Engineer, Guitar God Wannabe

Location: Where the mighty arms of Atlas hold the heavens from the Earth
Originally Posted by FindingErica View Post
This is what he texted me word for word:

How much money is left in the safe that I saved up.

I suggest you stop avoiding me Erica.

Me: Why do you suggest that?

Let me make it simple for you. Listen to me now and listen good. You have 15 minutes to deposit $3000 or more before I shut off your and (my brother)'s cell AND before you both lose service and your #'s for good! You have 15 minutes! The count down is ticking, tick, tock, tick, tock! Don't tell me what to do again understand?

Please send me a text after the deposit has been made. You have 8minuted left.

Me: the kids are asleep (was just stalling for time to see what my options were with the phone)

Don't **** me off Erica! And don't tell me what to do! I'm not your carpet for you to walk on anymore!

***** I felt very scared when I was getting these texts. I know he is flat broke but he wants me to cough up money I need to support these kids. I checked the bank acct, he did pay credit cards with the money I had given him last week so I kind of feel bad. I dont know what he means when he tells me not to tell him what to do since I did not give him any commands or advice. ****
Well, then...

My favorite line is:

Don't **** me off Erica! And don't tell me what to do! I'm not your carpet for you to walk on anymore!
Addicts like to play the victim, even though more often than not they're the victimizers. And these are really his efforts to assert control over you by threatening you. "Tick, tock, tick, tock"...

The behavior is egregious. And truly sick.

I would be prepared for the worst, Erica. I would assume he's capable of anything. Protect yourself, protect your children.

Please keep us posted.

ZoSo