Old 07-07-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

am i doing the right thing making him leave?
Absolutely, unequivocally, without question or pause, YES, you are doing the right thing making him leave.

i just dont know if i have the strength
Right. Because this is a lot of work you are talking about and you are already financially and emotionally, and likely physically, drained. Right? So what you need to do is reach out to other people for help. An excellent place to start reaching out for help is Al-Anon. Please, go to a meeting, actually go to at least 6 meetings before you decide whether or not it is "right" for you, and seek the support of groups of loving, kind people who know and have been EXACTLY where you are. You can find a meeting here: How to find a meeting in the US/Canada/Puerto Rico. Go today.

Second, you need to reach out for help from your close network of friends and family to help you with the logistical stuff you are going to need to handle. There is also Social Services that can help you locate resources in your community to assist you with everything from finances to health. Take advantage of these resources.

(((hugs))) You are doing the right thing for EVERYONE involved in this situation, including yourself, your children, and yes, even the alcoholic. He has made the CONSCIOUS DECISION to let his entire family and all that he has go, for a drink. Now it is time for those who love him to allow him to FEEL the consequences of his decision.