Old 07-07-2012, 05:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Lara

HI KnBlueskies...thank you for your comments...so good to read a positive story. This SR is a mindfield of information - and so difficult at times because of course we only wish all comments are positive like yours - but the truth seems that in most instances, addiction destroys people and relationships, and from reading others comments to me - it seems a loving long term relationship is very very rare. You are blessed - and I am so happy for you! It is interesting that you are the only person commenting on the rule of first year recovery - which don't recommend an intimate relationship. Yes, this is exactly what his sponsor says! I hope you are well and thank you for your support. May I ask, why are you still with SR- just to offer support to others? Or do you feel you still need it? How many years was your husband an addict for? I have been told that there is hope for H as he started cocaine when he was 35 - and then quit after rehab 4 years later - I believe it's easier to have long term recovery if you started as an older person?? Not sure