View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
lesliej

wow. I really wish you would reconsider and go with the SLE.

the reason that interventions and treatment facilities and meetings and sponsor relationships and sober living environments all utilize the oh so very human resource of other recovering addicts is because it's almost always true that only an addict can really "help" an addict. (only a codie really gets another codie...and when I read your posts I hear deeply rooted codie language)

it doesn't sound to me like anyone in your home is going to understand a new language that your daughter has learned in rehab...and I don't know if its possible for you to learn it or understand it...because it's addict/recovery language. and she needs to practice it. going to NA is great, but its only an hour or so a day, for her to have maybe 3 or 4 minutes to share. in a SLE the whole house is speaking the language 24/7 and everyone there can read right through the BS of early recovery hesitation/excuses/fears/doubts/misgivings/laziness etc.

eggshells don't get swept under the rug at an SLE
accountability for recovery is not your job...it is your daughter's job within a recovery community
your job is to "get thee to al anon/nar anon" and ASAP

please reconsider your decision

I know how you feel
when my ex got out of rehab I took him back home.
I had 5 years of recovery and treatment modalities under my belt
a year and a half of research and a keen eye for all the signs
I had it all mapped out

now I fully understand the subtleties...the backward and sideways manipulation of the codependent...it is oh so seductive and can be very deceitful, we call it wanting to help...but we know not what we do. we are in denial ourselves often about our own motivations.