View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fathom

Hi Adventure,
I am not one who left in a very methodical way, unfortunately. but, I can relate to your post anyway. When I was with my AH, I was spending a lot of my energy trying to make sure he was safe and all set up because I was worried about him. I didn't have a plan for myself except to spend time with my own family until I could afford a place on my own. When my AH kicked me out, I had 1 1/2 hours to grab what I could carry. The only thing I really regret not planning is my move. That is, I wish I had made a list of what I wanted / deserved to setup my own place so that I wouldnt have to buy it all over again.

Coincidentally, a good friend of mine left her AH about a month earlier than I did. We have this repeated theme in our lives, "Well, I have one of those, but it's not at this house." That has been extraordinarily frustrating, especially knowing that they don't appreciate having it or probably even know that they do have it. All the paperwork stuff? You can do that later when your mind is clearer. It sounds like you are pretty self-sufficient anyway. I say, focus on where you'll go and what you want to come with you. Then, make it happen.

Good luck!
Fathom