View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 03:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Adventure

The nitty gritty of leaving

I have had so many revelations/moments of clarity over the last few days. One of the biggest ones was that as long as I have daily contact with my AH (i.e. living under the same roof), I am stuck. I am stuck because I see the state he is in, and I feel sorry for him. I don't feel love, or anything like it. I just plain pity him, and that kicks in the feelings of Fear (of what will happen to him), Obligation (to ensure bills/mortgage get paid and I suppose to ensure he stays alive), and Guilt (I know, I know, ridiculous).

So, I need to get out, and I need to get out soon. I am not in danger, but the longer I stay, the longer I stay!! I have read inspirational posts by several users over recent days, and I need to make a plan, make a schedule, to give me some focus and direction.

So, I suppose where I'm going with this is, how did those of you that left go about leaving? As in, what were the small things that needed sorting before you left? I'm sure some left in a hurry, and some did it over a longer period of time. For those that had the time to plan/organise it, what are the things I need to think of?

Adventure