View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 09:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DefofLov
Survivor

Now I know I am onto something here. I am even tempted to move on to Step 3 because I have faith today. I have unbending faith that everything will be fine, fine, fine. I have unbending faith that I am in good hands. I do not fully understand my Higher Power, but I have truly come to believe that it can restore me to sanity and tonight is evidence of that.

July 4th I was stood up by a close friend of my. She promised me we would go see the fireworks at the beach. She never showed up, called, or text me back. Now in my past, this would have made me feel so much despair. I would have cried my eyes out and felt like the loneliest person on the face of the planet.

Tonight I am not alone though. Even though there is no one else in this apartment with me except for my stuffed hippo and couch, I am so not alone. I am loved and appreciated by so many people and this is one incident that does not have to ruin me or suck the happiness out of my life. When I find out what happened with my friend, I will deal with it then. In the meanwhile, I am same, comfortable, and loved. I am okay.

I would like to thank Al-Anon, SR, my books, my hippo, my couch, and my HP for helping me build a stronger foundation within myself and for helping me to overcome abandonment issues and codependency. On this independence day...I can safely say that I have experienced emotional independence and I must say...coming to believe that a HP can restore me to sanity is a big part of that progress.

My heart is full of joy.

Love and Light,

Lily