View Single Post
Old 07-04-2012, 01:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
MalkavianEmily

At 12 days... let me think, it wasn't that long ago... At 12 days I was definitely not happy about not drinking. At 12 days, I knew that being sober wasn't worth it. I was stressed, angry, miserable... just like I've been a lot of the time since I quit drinking.
Since then, I've had some better days. Days when I could smile. And I've looked back at how it was just a short time ago and know I don't want to go through that again.
I was talking to a friend last night, and apparently I'm looking a lot better now than I was. I can't say I've noticed, but... it's another reason to not give in.
It will get easier. I'm not saying there won't be bad days. There will be. Today started out as one. And if there'd been any alcohol in the house...

Your 'friend' isn't that much of one it seems. Ah well. Such is life. As for not relating to people a few years older... I'm going to be a little harsh and say that's an excuse.
But, if AA isn't an option, there are alternatives. All I can say is I hope you find the help and support you need and deserve. :ghug3
Be strong. And keep trying. Because you're worth it.