View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
2granddaughters

Originally Posted by BunnyDale View Post
Thanks. We usually are fine, fighting is not a regular thing. And he doesn't hide all his feelings from me, we are usually quite honest with eachother, but this is new territory.

I went to a couple of AA meetings. I am not sure it is for me. To be honest, I have a friend in AA who has told me a lot of people we know from highschool go to the meetings in my town. I don't want to go to them. A year or so ago I had mentioned to her that I thought maybe I needed AA (obviously me thinking drinking is a problem isn't exactly a recent revelation) and when I changed my mind about going she told / asked a bunch of people, in AA and not, about my choice. I was humiliated that she would betray my confidence on such a matter. And given how many people I know by name that are in this AA (without them being the ones to tell me) I am very wary about the anonymous thing. I know most people take it seriously, but my friend seems to think that just because she doesn't care who is in it means that no one else cares either. I'm not blaming her, because if I wanted to go I should suck it up, but I don't know. Confused is a word I am using to describe myself a lot these days.

I went to a couple AA meetings outside of my town, but with work, school and sharing a car with my boyfriend it is really difficult to work that out. Those meetings were also all people much older than me. I am 26 and I think the person closest in age to me was about 35, so I didn't have as much to relate to them even though they were very nice.
Bunny, you are finding a lot of reasons NOT to go to AA.

The one good reason to go is because it would get you sober and happy.

I wish you the best.

Bob R