Thread: Making progress
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Thumbs up Making progress

So I went back and read a bunch of my posts. Anyone here who has been posting has probably done that.

Wow.... I can literally see the ups and downs in focus... Thoughts.... Fear.... And even love.

My depression stands out. I have a med now for that and things are clearing somewhat.

It's also clear that when i have messed up the total dispare in my pleas for help.

I joined in April. I have learned so much since then. From the posts I read and the responses I get on how to handle sobriety.

I have learned to open up and share a lot more. I never thought I would be able to express the awfulness of the situation.

I have made some really good connections here. They mean the world to me.

Even through the haze of depression I feel hope.... See the horizon.

I am capable of reaching out to grab what I want and need in my life a little better.

I refuse to say I have a long way to go yet. Nope. I am here. Now. Sober. Today.

The long way I have to go is simply the joy of living a more full life. One that has a bit more wisdom and a lot of exploring to do.

I have a huge meeting this morning at work. I present for an hour and a half to a dozen or so people. I could never do that before. I am excited to be in the land of the living today.

I have so much gratitude. Just thought I would share that.

Ken