View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
katrinka

6 months today and my life now

If you're a newcomer, I don't have to tell you what being addicted to alcohol is like and how hard the first days and weeks are without it. So, six months later, what are my days like? I sleep good, my heart doesn't pound in the middle of the night, I wake up happy to be alive, corny but true. I remember the conversations I had the night before. I don't feel shameful, regretful, and sick. I exercise! I now walk 4+ miles almost every day. I've lost lots of weight. I prepare, cook and eat healthy meals. I read books because I can concentrate. I sing better, I don't have to worry that I smell like wine. I have spending money so I've bought new clothes. My kids are proud of me. I don't have fatty liver disease anymore. I can do whatever I want to do in the evenings because I'm not drinking. Freedom!!

I'm not writing all of this to brag about how great I am. My life is certainly not perfect but I am able to solve my problems, take care of business and deal with those things in life that can't be fixed.

So my message is: don't give up, sobriety is worth the effort and it does get easier!

Thanks to SR.