View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Swedie73

He chose alchohol over me.

I have been married to a bi-polar man for 4 years. At first he was on medication and, also self medicating with alchohol. It eventually turned into full alchoholism(including life threatening health problems.) and no meds. When he was sober he was wonderfull and loving. Then he would drink and scream at me and blame me for everything that made him unhappy.The police would visit our house at least five times a year.The last time was 4 days ago and he is gone for good I assure you. He called me and said he was choosing alchohol over me.He keeps calling me just to put me down then he gets drunk and calls me and says how much he loves me.So I went out and bought a new cell phone so he can't contact me on our joint phone account. I have a rough road ahead because he was a good earner and my income is quite low,but I have a new found peace in my home. Allthough; I am so angry with myself for allowing this to happen for so long. I have always had great self esteme and truly loved myself in a very healthy way. I honestly felt that I was under his spell.I have lost most of my friends because he was so rude to them and they couldn't understand why I stayed.I was wondering if there are actually women who enjoy being with men like this.Is this co-dependency? I really need to get rid of this anger somehow. Any suggestions.