View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 12:35 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

I think this question, or a form of, was posed to me early on when I came here. It went something like - how much are you willing to take? Meaning, do you have any idea of what you absolutely will not tolerate? Because if that area is cloudy, you will just keep accepting more and more until before you know it, you are in it with him completely and it is sooo much harder to 'get out' when you've been beaten down so much there's nothing left of YOU.

You are right in questioning his being sick all the time. If you're not ready to make any changes, I'd at least start paying attention to valuables, medication, etc. that you might have lying around. Actually, they don't have to be lying around, they could be very well hidden. If not locked up, they will be found.

If firm answers are what you need, be prepared. To give you an idea of my ex - he would have trouble starting his day - every day - barely speaking, not in a great mood, incapable of doing anything (say, on the weekend) for the first hour at least. He would then take his pills and ever so slowly, he'd get in a better mood. But as soon as the effects started wearing off, he'd crash, be irritable, etc.. He had little appetite, stayed up late, woke up early. Towards the end, he was miserable most of the time, even the pills weren't working (the way *he* wanted them to) but then again, he was extremely irritable because his monthly script that he counted on was stopped (because of the trouble he got himself into) so when an addict doesn't know when or where they'll get their next 'fix', that's all that's on their mind. I've literally seen him go from being very aggravated to calm in a matter of minutes as soon as he got a 'call' from a 'friend' that they had some for him.