Old 07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marley77

To Report or not to report? Need advice and guidance

My sister is, I believe, an addict. We are twins and this whole thing has hit me really hard. We don't talk and when we do (which is hardly ever) it's like talking to an alien. I don't know her and the things she says is so unlike her -- very crazy. She has let herself be used time and again by men (really, they're just boys). I am trying hard to understand and be patient. I guess I thought of this all as a phase that would go away. It's not. It's getting worse. She has now been evicted from her apartment because the last guy who stayed with her was a drug dealer who was arrested and his name was not on her lease. She quit her job. She has no phone because the guy who was arrested borrowed it and ran up a $400.00 phone bill. She now lives with a couple who are young (my sister is 35, the couple she is living with is 19-20) and this couple has a 2year old little girl and twin boys that are under a year. no phone, no car, no job, no income. From what I have been hearing from her old friends, the couple she is hooked up with are dealing drugs. I have to wonder if this is true because no one has a job. They are living off government assistance. The girl stays in bed all day and does nothing. The guy sometimes stays with her. Other times he is out working odd jobs (not sure what, though I have my suspicions) or he is out with his friends. My sister takes care of the kids. They also have big dogs there, a pit bull included. Would you report or no, not at all? Thanks.