View Single Post
Old 06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Weasel1966
A simple guy making his way

Let it all not be in vain

So I was sitting in a burger joint having a fattening lunch...since I gave up drinking I have calories to spare....

A song came on the radio...100 years by five for fighting. For those unfamiliar with the song it's describes the times we experience over the corse of a lifetime.

It articulated a sadness I felt since I woke.

10 solid years of my prime were given away for nothing. I have not built in my life many things i dreamed of because I was always wasted.

Granted I never thought my life would be as idealistic as some trite song about growing old but it did remind me of the many losses.

I continued to contemplate this.... And I arrived at a perspective I never considered. A very good one for me...

It's rather simple.

When someone dies for a cause of some kind... People agree that at least they did not die in vain.

Every loss over the last 10 years will only be compounded if I don't redeem it by being sober today.

Let my losses not be in vain!

This may not be something new for many. This post is simply my way of solidifying in my head a positive way to deal with my actions.

And yes... I am hanging in there I am have a rather good day in fact. Just making sense of things.