Old 06-28-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
OklaBH

Originally Posted by crewisms View Post
Zube -- it took some courage to start this thread, especially knowing you were going to be on the receiving end of some serious heat. Thank you for that. I've been in your shoes and took it to the next level: the affair moved from emotional to eventually include the physical side; I got a divorce and married the woman with whom I was having an affair; the entire town and all our family members were in an uproar; the pain and suffering I caused was horrific; fast forward a few years and the new marriage ended up in divorce.

I will never forget the pain I put so many people through, especially my first wife. It was the most horrible, selfish, mean-spirited and ugly thing I've done in my life. Back then it simply felt like love.

I'm so happy you've recognized it truly is an emotional affair you're having with this other woman. It sounds like you're ready to say good-bye and invest those emotions in your wife and your marriage and be fully present in your life together.

Oh wow. Thank you for sharing that. I know it hurts you alot. It is SO common and yet very taboo to talk about. Im sorry that happened to you.