Old 06-28-2012, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FMTT

I hope things worked out at the pain clinic Glenn. To answer your question, even though I don't go to many AA meetings these days, I told myself early on that I wouldn't break away completely. Why? Everyone is different but the one common thing that everyone who relapsed had in common was they stopped going to meetings. Completely. I hadn't been to one in over a month but I went to one last night just because. It ended up being pretty good too. A few folks were coming back pretty beat up. Sad to say it helps me to see that so I remember the power of one of my drugs of choice. The opiates I'm kicking by myself without meetings. NA works for some but I saw so much relapse, craving and past experience glamorization there that I decided it wasn't for me. Doesn't put me in a good place. Last night I spoke with a good friend on the phone who also has an opiate monkey on his back. He wants to kick but our long conversation had me thinking he probably wasn't really ready yet. The things we talked about actually had me thinking of chipping for awhile. Powerful stuff. We really have to want this. Peace