View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
HopefulGF65

Originally Posted by livesimple View Post
Its just like my brain needs to make sense of it. Like ... when? When does he get them? Where, and from who? How often? It sucks.
You can make yourself crazy with all the questions. I became so desensitized to the whole thing and thought I was being a good girlfriend by telling him I won't freak out as long as you're honest with me. So I didn't have to play detective as much until he started stealing from me and lying, ever so creatively, to me.

Unfortunately, the circle we are in, the pain meds are prevalent so it was so accessible. People trade, check in with each other who's got what script filled, borrow from each other, maybe trade a few pills for a gift card. It was insane. I'm not targeting certain groups by any means, as addiction is not prejudice, but when you're around a large group on a day to day basis, you're bound to find people in similar situations and you form a sort of network so when one's out, the other helps.

But...do you really want to expend all your energy finding out these answers? And then go through the pain once you learn about these answers? I thought I did but I was so wrong!