View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 11:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
feelingalone43

Thank you all for responding. I agree that as long as he is drinking any alcohol, I will always worry about binge drinking. I think I will even if he quits completely, as I read so much on here about relapses even with a program.

My issue now is wondering if I have just become so indifferent to what he does that the marriage won't survive no matter what. I honestly don't believe that having a therapist ask questions about my childhood has any relevance to our marriage problems.

Has he cut back on the beer because he really wants to so that he can be a healthier, happier person? Or is it because I grew a spine and decided that if he wants to be a drunk, he can do so without me around? I spent years being the "fake happy, everything is wonderful" wife. So now is he being the "fake happy" husband? If he is, it won't last (a person can only do this for just so long), and we are just wasting our time. Guess I should bring this up in the next session, after I politely ask if we can please focus on the issue that brought us here.