View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
livesimple

confused, and unsure ... help?

Hello, I am new to the site, hopefully I do this right. I am not an addict, and never have been. I do have family members that have been, so I have very much compassion and a kind heart to those struggling.
I am here asking for guidance from those of you with experience.
I think my husband is abusing prescription pills. I keep asking myself, when I become weary, what if I am wrong? My gut tells me he is. Maybe it's not a lot? Maybe it is? How do I know for sure? All I can do is research and use the knowledge I already know.
There are things. I caught him nodding off, sitting upright on the couch after drinking a cup of coffee at 6 pm at night. His eyes looked glazy. I asked him, are you on something. He said no. He gets very angry, and defensive, and very very angry. There is no talking to him. I can't communicate with him. Everything I say is an insult and he lashes out at me. I tell myself maybe he is just an angry person. Well I lied one day. I told him I found a pill in our house on the floor. He admitted he bought it for his tooth pain. It was suboxone. That was like a couple of months ago. I come home and he looks "high" but he has energy. On other days he is lazy. He doesn't help much with our 2 year old until we have to get into a big fight, and I have to tell him how he is being. I've went through his phone, (obviously you guys can see the trust is gone on my part. This is not normal behavior for me) and I find things like other people texting things like, "i'll go B6" --- was that a typo? What is that? Im obviously so confused as to what I see and hear I feel completely dumb and naive. I know when someone looks messed up though. And he does. I don't just come home from work and think tonight will be the night I assume he looks messed up. No, I see it. He looks that way, which is what triggers my thoughts of thinking he is messed up.
He is always sick. His stmoach. He uses the bathroom a lot. He leaves to go hang out with the neighbor after I go to bed. He leaves to go meet a different neighbor that I don't even know. (After im asleep) some days he doesn't sleep until late, others he sleeps half the day. He is short tempered, and mean, unless it's on one of the days he looks "messed up" to me. Im so confused and I don't know what to do. Im unhappy, we're always having financial issues from his part. (That could be unrelated though) he is miserable to be around, and I can't even communicate with him to tell him we need to fix whatever is wrong. I don't know how bad this could be. Or am I wrong? Maybe he's just a mean person? I've heard rumors from other friends, please can you guys help me to make sense of this, and piece it together? My next step is to move out, because he would never leave. I make life easy at home.