View Single Post
Old 06-27-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
feelingalone43

My AH went to our family doctor to talk to him about possibly getting medication for his inability to deal with stress other than by snapping at me and being a sarcastic jerk to most people. He is angry all the time, and thinks other people do things they know irritate him just because they know it irritates him.

I told him he needs to do something about his behavior, so he made the appointment with our doctor. This doctor said that he believes marriage counseling is what we need, so we decided to try it.

I was (am) at the point of not caring anymore what he does as far as his drinking is concerned as long as he understands that I will have no part of it. I will no longer enable him in any way and I refuse to interact with him if he is drunk. He has stopped drinking anything except low-alcohol beer, and some days no alcohol at all. I am still distrustful about the binge drinking returning, so have distanced myself from him.

He now says that he is thinking more clearly, and not through a haze of fog (his words), and that he realizes how miserable of a person he has been, and no longer wants to be that person. I personally believe individual counseling for him is in order, but I told him that I would go along with the doctor's recommendation for now and see how things go.