Old 06-27-2012, 04:11 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
FMTT

Wow Glenn, opies and alcohol at the same time? That's one helluva kick. I'm no expert but I'm wondering if perhaps some physician assistance in your situation might be beneficial? I personally was able to lose the booze over 18 years ago with AA and I never looked back. Don't go to many meetings these days but it was a real lifesaver in the beginning. I got on pain meds about 10 years ago after diagnosed with a fluxxored back. Took them as prescribed (mostly) until recently when the chains of opiate dependance finally made me feel like I was losing my mind and soul. I've only got 5 weeks clean under my belt right now and it's still pretty difficult. I'm not gonna lie. The major part of the physical kick has subsided but the PAWS is in full effect, I still have little energy and I still get diarrhea regularly. WTF?! I ask myself regularly but the answer is easy. This process is gonna take time but I'm already seeing many of the rewards so that gives me motivation to persevere. Congrats to you for taking such a bold step. You did it once so I know you can do it again. All the best to you.