Thread: Hi all.....
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
zmanoh1

Hi all.....

I feel my situation is very strange, but I'm sure everyone must feel this way at first. This is the first time I have ever reached out for help, and am just looking for some guidance. I am of course writing this while I sit here with a beer in hand. I am confused as to whether I have a sexual addiction, or am just a plain alcoholic or both(probably), and really don't know which angle to come from as far as treatment. My wife and I have been married about 4 years and are both swingers. I'm sure for most people the latter is a huge deal breaker on the relationship, but where I think my situation is weird is that both of us enjoy the sexual proclivities, but it is always centered around drinking, in all honesty we have a very deep and direct connection. I am not sure it is codependency, or at least my interpretation of it, it is more like we are drinking buddies at times, with a very direct and open communication. Lately I feel like like my drinking has turned from functioning to non. Drinking used to be a party (and for both of us), but now drinking has got to the point that when I drink I just want to sleep the whole day away, but start over tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like I can stop drinking at any time, and we did it for a few months at beginning of the year, and usually even when I was drinking would always rationalize it and work out extra hard the next day or whatever, and it was great! Now I feel like I am totally off the wagon so to speak. I know I don't want to live like this.