Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BRuvz

Advice needed. Overreaction or Justified?

Once again my brother is attempting to get clean using an Outpatient Detox that he has to go to every morning to get his daily meds. We are not speaking because he is just a selfish nasty person (high and sober). After 2 years of the excessive lying and stealing and relapsing I cannot take it any more. Every Monday my sister watches my 16 month old son and she also takes my brother most days to get his meds. Today she brought my son with them and it is apparent to me that this will happen every Monday now. I don't feel comfortable with her bringing my son there. Not because I am scared for his safety but just the thought of him having to be involved in that part of life at such an early age bothers me. Am I overreacting to the situation? He doesn't leave the car at all. My sister let's my brother out and he spends 10-15 minutes inside while they wait in car.

I want to say something but at same time I am trying to pick my battles wisely and don't want to fight with my sister. Any and all feedback is much appreciated.

Thnx all!