Old 06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
tomsteve

welp, when i was a practicing drunk, one of the reasons/excuses was anxiety. never really helped it though. it was still there, just with a lot of liquid depressant added to my body.
it was desperation that got me into recovery. it was get sober or kill myself. i hated myself that much.
i encountered a lot of anxiety in early recovery, but i knew alcohol wasnt gonna get rid of it and i sure didnt want to go to the doctor and get on any meds. so, through the fellowship of AA, i learned what ankiety was-A feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome.
so anxiety was how i was showing one of the many faces of fear. then i learned how to deal with it.

failure pretty much sims up how i felt about myself when i got into AA. hopeless, helpless, uselss, and worthless. through working the steps then practicing the principles in all of my affairs, i now have hope,use, worth, and can help others. it has been an awesome journey and well worth the fight to get sober.but once i got sober, staying sober has been pretty easy.