Thread: Newbie
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ghammer

Lightbulb Newbie

Hi, new to forum and I don't know where to start,

I'm just a regular guy, 38, my life's not a mess, my kids are great, I've never been arrested, I run a farming business that doesn't do to bad,

But I screwed up my family holiday to Thailand. Anyway the story ends up on the last day instead of having one beer free day with the family I was at a bar at midday watching rugby and drinking beer. I stumbled back to resort at 6.00pm off my ****, with a hazy recollection of the afternoon. I was helped into the room by an attendant, my wife screamed at me to sleep it off and went out with the kids only to come back with me passed on the bathroom floor. So now she's understandably scared hurt and angry.

I wanna make excuses like I only do it every now and then, or I don't drink all the time, I work hard and a little blow off every now and then is ok, gee doesn't that sound familiar.

Unfortunately its not the only time I've screwed up, but it is about the worst. Though over the last 20 odd years there have been plenty of omg moments the next day.

So now I know I upset my family, I don't want to lose them, I'm not sure how to change a life that is all I've known since I was 16, I'm sure that I'll lose some mates, maybe even my best mate. I enjoy a night out on the booze with the boys every now and then.

Ok so I wonder is this the point where I say hey I might have a problem that goes a little higher than just no self control????

Confused and worried,